embers of VAASL are our best advertisement. Your professionalism, leadership and mentoring of fellow librarians is our best advertisement of the benefits of belonging to our professional organization. Support the professional growth of fellow librarians and educational professionals by telling them about VAASL and the benefits our organization offers them in their professional growth.
Annual Membership Rates: (Oct. 1-Sept. 30 of following year)
$25.00-Part-time student (1-8 credits)
Free -Full-time student (9 or more credits)
- Access to the Members Only VAASL website section via password given to you by the Membership Administrator.
- Access to the VAASL listerv, our online networking opportunity with colleagues.
- Registration discount is given to VAASL members attending VAASL professional development opportunities. These are the VAASL Annual and Spring Regional Conferences, and VAASL Summer Professional Development workshops.
- Advocacy and support on the local, state and national level.
- Our quarterly professional publication, VAASL Voice, which includes timely articles of interest to our members, including regional, state and national topics/information.
To begin the process of renewing, rejoining, or getting your first membership, click JOIN NOW below. If you are not sure of your VAASL region, click on this link for the document containing all region information.
To help us process and maintain accurate membership records and contact information, please complete the membership application form fully. Also note that there are permission lines for VAASL to responsibly share your work contact information. University programs often offer programs that are of interest to our members and this permission allows us to share your school mailing information with these university programs.
Renewing Your VAASL Membership Directions
These directions should help the membership renewal go smoothly.
- Go to our Join/Renew page
- Choose Renew I am a member and want to renew my membership
- Put in your login and password (Now if you don’t have your email login and password, you can look at your last membership renewal receipt and it is at the bottom of that email message. If you need to get it sent to you, choose Help: I am a member, but don’t remember my password and this will guide you through the process to get your information sent to you.)
Your email login is
Your password is
- This should bring up your information already filled in.
- Update your information and in the Membership box, choose “Renew Membership”.
- Click OK when the box comes up that says “Are you sure you want to make an additional purchase?”
- Make your renewal choice and then click Calculate Order.
- This will take you to a payment option box…make your choice and enter info.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions/ problems with your membership application or membership, please contact:
Margaret Baker, Executive Director
PO Box 2015
Staunton , VA 24402-2015